Covid-19 safety guidelines for attending services at Trinity
The Government has updated its guidelines for places of worship. Elders’ Council has taken very seriously the Synod Moderators’ guidance to congregations of the United Reformed Church, always remembering that our personal choices have an impact on others. We still have a legal duty to manage risks to employees, volunteers and visitors.
Elders’ Council is in agreement that we must be cautious whilst infection rates are high and increasing and, for the time being, most precautions will remain unchanged at Trinity.
From Sunday 25 July the following will be in place:-
- You no longer need to register in advance to attend worship. Please check in when you arrive using the NHS Covid app. Those who do not have the app can also sign in by hand. This is so that we are still able to contact you if anyone else subsequently tests positive.
- Please use hand sanitiser on entering the building.
- Face masks will continue to be required inside the church buildings.
- Congregational singing will be permitted, but face coverings must be worn whilst singing.
- You are asked to continue socially distancing in the church, leaving one empty pew between seating.
- Hymnbooks, Bibles and notice papers will not be available, but bring your own books if you wish.
- A retiring offertory will continue.
- After church refreshments will not be reintroduced for the time being.
- These arrangements will be reviewed regularly.
If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you soon at Trinity and hope you will continue to help us to keep everyone safe and well.